‘Tis the season for Favorite Things Parties! There are lots of variations of this party but here are the basics:
- Everyone brings two identical gifts with one of their favorite things. You set a budget for each gift, so you could do $5 per gift, or up to $25 per gift. (We did $25 for one of the parties and $5-10 for the other party this year!)
- All the guests at the party put their name in a bowl two times, and then each person shares their favorite thing in turn, draws two names from the bowl, and gives their two gifts to those people.
I am probably way overthinking this, but I had the hardest time thinking of things that were honestly my favorite for under $25. I started brainstorming and this is the list I came up with:
- Menstrual Cup: I wasn’t brave enough to bring this to the party haha but it genuinely is one of my favorite things ever! Life changing!
- “The Montessori Toddler” Book: One of my favorite parenting books that I go back to—all the time!
- “Our Sweet Basil Kitchen” Cookbook: Dan and I cooked through this entire cookbook! So, I can honestly say everything in this cookbook is so yummy!
- Microfiber Makeup Remover Cloths: Now I actually take off my makeup before I go to bed.. (most of the time… ;)) and I don’t go through 100 makeup wipes!
- Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter Cups/ Specialty Dark Chocolate: These are my absolute favorite! They are so yummy!
- Thank You Cards: I love having a set on hand to be able to send to whoever at the drop of a hat!
- Isle of Paradise Tanning Drops: I think I have mentioned these before, but I love them. They are $30 normally but wait for a sale! QVC often has a sale on them too!
- “Hygge” Socks: Dan got me these for Christmas and they have been glorious!
- Box Cutter: Okay I don’t actually have one of these but I think it would be my favorite thing if I did.
- Charcuterie Board: It just makes even the most simple meals/Appetizers feel fancy!
- Costco Dried Mangos: Dan and I both LOVE these. We always go through a bag so quickly!
- Tillamook Mudslide Ice Cream: This might be a little challenging to bring to a Favorite Things Party, but if you haven’t tried it, RUN to the store to buy some of this. Prepare to have your life changed.
- Bubble Up Wooden Soap Brush: I really do love ours so much! It makes the mundane chore of washing the dishes so much more enjoyable!
- Hydroflask Water Bottle: I think technically mine was $30, but I use it every day! It has been a win for sure.
- Reusable Grocery Bag Set: You can use them for library books, picnic basket, church bag, etc. Plus it upgrades your groceries instantly.
Interested in learning more about our approach to finances?
Attend our FREE Budgeting Class where we outline our Financial Growth System and how you can customize it to your situation.