We get asked ALL the time about virtual assistants from both sides– people who are wanting to become a virtual assistant and people who are wanting to hire a virtual assistant. Mostly, because we have the absolute BEST virtual assistant. I seriously don’t know how our business would survive without her. However, sometimes people get confused about how to go about this process.
Remember, the key to a good virtual assistant is good communication.
We meet with our VA weekly and are very clear about instructions. We will even screen share and walk her through the exact process if we are giving her a new task. You could hire the very best VA with all the experience, skills and talents you are looking for and it could still be a flop– all because of lack of clear instruction and communication.
Here are 8 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Hire a VA. Going through this process will help YOU to become more clear on what you are wanting. Once you are clear it will be so much easier to relay that to your VA.
- What tasks do you want them to do (Content Writing? Design? Admin? Social Media Management? Research? Emails?)?
- How many hours per week/month do you need from them?
- How are you going to share documents and tools with them?
- How are you going to share passwords with them?
- How are you going to assign tasks to them?
- How will they track their time?
- How will you communicate on a regular basis? How often?
- How are you going to pay them?